Whatman™Anotop® 25, 0.02 Micrometer Pore Size, Disposable Sterile Syringe Filter
Diameter: 25mm, 0.02µm
Whatman Anotop sterile syringe filters from GE contain an inorganic Anopore membrane. The low protein binding exhibited by this sterile membrane filter make it well suited for biological filtration.
- Sterile Syringe Filters for critical applications
- Cold Sterilization of growth media
- Phage and Virus Filtration
- Removal of high molecular weight proteins or polymers
- Liposome extrusion
- Compatible with most organic solvents and aqueous samples
- Low hold-up volume (< 20 μl for Anotop 10) for maximum sample recovery
- Made without wetting agents or adhesives for low risk of sample contamination
- Capillary pore structure supports highly consistent filtration results
Whatman Anotop filters offer chemical inertness and functionality in a wide range of solvents and temperatures. Sterile Anotop filters can be used as a phage and virus filtration membrane, or for cold sterilization of growth media, protein removal, filtration prior to spectrophotometric analysis, or other analytical methods.
Unlike many organic membranes, the inorganic Anopore membranes in Anotop syringe filters have sharply defined capillary pore structures with narrow pore-size distribution.
The syringe filter’s pigment-free polypropylene housing is made without wetting agents or adhesives, designed for low extractable levels, low protein binding, and minimal sample hold-up. These features make Anotop syringe filters a good option for filtration of valuable, proteinaceous samples where minimal loss is required.