HomeoPet Bug Bites-15mL
Homeopathic remedy that can produce relief from allergic dermatitis from flea, bug and insect bites. Animals and their normal resting areas should be treated to remove cause; this is important when animal is removed from treatment to prevent recurrence.
Dogs/Cats under 20 lbs/10 kg, 5 drops; 21-60 lbs/ 10-30 kg, 10 drops; 61-100 lbs/30-45 kg, 15 drops; over 100 lbs/45 kg, 20 drops. In acute cases, the doses can be given every 15 minutes, up 4 doses. For cases that are not acute, one dose 3 times daily. Once a response is seen, the administration should be reduced to 2 times daily and eventually once daily. When symptoms clear up, discontinue use. If reduction causes symptoms to worsen, original dosing may be continued a little longer before reducing. If a remedy is working well and dosing is not reduced, an aggravation of symptoms from overuse may occur. Stopping the remedy for 3 days will reverse the symptoms, and then treatment can begin as if using for the first time, weaning down as mentioned above.
- Pets Under 1 lb: 2 drops in the drinking water 3 times daily.
- SMALL MAMMALS such as rabbits, ferrets, hamsters and pot bellied pigs can be dosed by weight as for cats and dogs in previous section.
- For severe cases, a drop can be diluted in 1 ml of water or other oral rehydration fluid and given to the patient orally, taking care to avoid aspiration of the fluid into the respiratory tract by the patient. 3 doses whose volume is appropriate to the size of the patient should be given from the diluted product over a 24 hour period, e.g. 2 drops for a mouse or small budgie, 4 drops for a large guinea pig. For acute cases it can be repeated as for cats and dogs in previous dosing section.
YOUR PET'S SYMPTOMS
- Flea bites normally found in areas fleas congregate: base of tail, head, inside of legs
- Scabs, sores, chewing hair off, skin discoloration
- Chewing, licking, itching, scratching
- Hive-like red spots
- Bug bites, including fleas
- Flea allergic dermatitis