Care Touch Calcium Alginate Dressing, 4 x 4", Sterile, Individually Wrapped Sterile Gauzes
Bandage - Calcium Alginate Dressing - Hydrocolloid dressings
Care Touch calcium alginate dressings are absorbent wound care gauzes that contain sodium and calcium fibers derived from seaweed. They can be placed over open wounds, ulcers and rope dressings that are used for packing the wound. It absorbs fluids and promotes healing with open wounds, pressure ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, or venous ulcers. An individual dressing is able to absorb up to 20 times its own weight. These dressings, which are easy to use, mold themselves to the shape of the wound, which helps ensure that they absorb wound drainage properly. This also makes these dressings ideal for using on wounds in areas that are difficult to dress.
Alginate dressings are dry when initially placed on an open wound and become larger and more gel-like as they draw in fluids. This helps clear out the wound, prevents it from becoming dry, and protects it from harmful bacteria, which helps lower the risk of infection. These dressings also help promote new skin growth during the wound healing process by ensuring that the wound area stays moist. This process removes dead or damaged skin, promoting a healthier wound environment that aids wound healing.
The calcium in the alginate dressings can help slow bleeding in open wounds.
- Clean the wound with sterile saline water.
- Pat the area around the wound dry.
- Ensure the dressing is larger than the wound and then place it over the wound.
- Secure a secondary dressing over the alginate dressing to hold it in place.
- Change the dressing as needed (Change the dressing every day in beginning and then as the oozing lessens reduce the frequency of changes).
Care Touch Calcium Alginate Dressings will get your wounds healing right away!
- Wound Dressing - Dress your moderate to high exuding wounds the right way
- Calcium Alginate Dressing - Sterilized wound dressing that contains alginate fibers derived from seaweed
- Easy Application and Removal - Just cover the wound with the gauze and remove as needed. The alginate gel will not adhere to your wound when removing
- Highly Absorbent - The wound dressing can absorb wound exudates and form a gel-like covering over the wound
- Maintains Moist Environment - The gel maintains a moist environment to accelerate wound healing
- Sterile and Single use
Shop all Wound Care, Personal Care Supplies, and Medical Supplies at Med Lab Supply.